Kansas Imaging Consultants
DOCTOR SCHEDULER & STAFF PORTAL ~ Custom Web Development, Programming, Web Apps
Kansas Imaging Consultants (KIC) is a radiology practice of more than 20 sub-specialty trained radiologists who provide professional services for hospitals and imaging centers across the state of Kansas. They partner with smaller hospitals in rural areas in the state to provide a full range of services both remotely and on-site when needed. Because their service area is so large, their radiologists are often in different locations. In order to keep everyone connected and on track, they needed some custom tools that would make tasks like scheduling and tracking expenses and little easier.
The Doctor Scheduler Tool
Kansas Imaging Consultants had been using a web application to manage the scheduling for their doctors, but it was costing them a large annual licensing fee, and it didn’t always work the way they needed it to. It required them to use outdated software to access it, and they often had problems getting the information they needed. Since it was a pre-packaged solution they were using with a license, there was no room for customization or improvement beyond what the developers were willing to do.
We worked with them to develop a web-based solution that meets their scheduling requirements and can be completely customized based on their needs. The best part: since we built the system from the ground up, beyond the initial development and support costs, there is no annual license fee. The new system gives them the ability to manage the daily schedules for all of their doctors. The doctors are then able to log in and view or print the schedule each week. The administrator is able to create accounts with different permissions for anyone who needs access, and the system can be access from all devices, including tablets and smartphones.
Kansas Imaging Consultants was so pleased with the success of the Doctor Scheduler Tool that they asked us to build an internal system used not only by the doctors, but by all of their staff members and other hospitals. The Employee Portal was designed and programmed by Lee Media Group with integration of the Doctor Scheduler Tool in mind. Since that piece was something we custom built, we were easily able to expand it to include several other custom tools we developed:
- Call Backs allow doctors and their assistants to track different procedures they perform each day.
- Employee Directory which is a searchable, sortable directory. Administrators also have the ability to manage each user and assign them custom permissions to different areas of the portal.
- Sites allows the system administrator to manage and view the medical offices they support.
- Vendors is a database of all accounts and contact information for the system administrator.
- Inventory is a database of all company equipment and passwords for the system administrator.
- Expense Report is a tool for employee-entered expenses. The Controller is able to use this tool to generate expense reports in real-time.
- Messaging is a tool that allows for internal messaging capabilities along with text and email alerts.
- Texting allows the system administrator to send out mass text messages to all users on the system. This can be used to announce system maintenance or other alerts.
- Forms, Apps, & How-Tos is a repository of downloadable resources available to all users.