Who We Helped
The American Overseas Schools Historical Society (AOSHS) collects, records, preserves, and exhibits memorabilia for closed, current, or newly opened American schools for military families overseas.
AOSHS’s new website not only illustrates their mission to preserve history, but gives members and the public access to digital archives of artifacts, yearbooks, and member stories.
What We Did
AOSHS had a very outdated website that was hindering the organization’s mission of expanding their online museum, online yearbooks, membership management, and the digitizing of all things memorabilia/history from closed or current American overseas schools.
While AOSHS is headquartered in Wichita, KS, AOSHS Board Members are located throughout the nation. Our team held many calls and screen sharing meetings throughout the project to coordinate the progression of the project.
We created a fresh, vibrant design for the custom website from scratch on WordPress. The new website’s custom web development features include an online payment system, interactive map, virtual museum, searchable online yearbook database, and digital memorials section as well as reworked and reorganized SEO and keyword-rich content.
How We Did It
- Yearbook archive with an interactive map that currently includes over 1,000 entries and 300 overseas school
- Integration with Amazon AWS for file storage
- Online payment – ability for members to pay dues and donate online
- Memories section for members to write stories and experiences
- Digital memorials section to view digital versions of dedicated memorial tiles
- By the end of 2019, the website will also include a virtual museum that will allow visitors to checkout the memorabilia that AOSHS has collected throughout the years
- Manage memberships and email members
- View reports on current and past members
- Send mass email alerts and reminders to current and past members
- Upload and manage yearbooks as they are scanned into the system
“We are very happy and satisfied with our choice of hiring Lee Media Group (LMG) to create for us a new website. LMG was always responsive and engaged in communicating with us throughout the process. LMG took our elements from the existing website, adapted them to the new, and added the total facelift that was needed to catapult us to a worldwide audience to preserve our legacy.” – Kelley Germaine, Records/Tech Liaison, AOSHS Board of Directors
Leave a Reply