SHE PARTIED LIKE IT’S 1999…WITH ALL THINGS ONLINE
Lee Media Group Owner + Creative Director, Mia Lee, is no stranger to higher education…or awesome Prince songs. Since 1999, Mia has been on a mission to learn anything web-related and to share that knowledge.
Her deep roots in creating curriculum and teaching in web development education have now spanned 20 years. Cheers to our wise, fun, fierce leader in web dev!
- 1999 – Developed and taught the first HTML course at Southwestern College
- 2003 – Taught eCommerce and Dreamweaver at Wichita State University
- 1999-2006 – Managed website, developed 2-year Associate Degree in Web Design, developed Website Production course for student hands-on community involvement and business development at Cowley College
- 2006-2009 – Built an open-source, corporate Intranet, deployed special event websites complete with online registrations, donations, and online fundraising communities at Heartspring
- 2009-2011 – Oversaw the digital media design, development and delivery of online communications (web, social media) for Wichita Area Technical College (now WSU Tech)
- 2008-Current – Oversees the team at Lee Media Group, specializing in Wichita custom web design, web development + digital marketing
- 2019 – Developed curriculum and currently teaching Web Development courses at WSU Tech
Fun fact: Mia was fittingly nicknamed “Webbiegirl” when she developed the very first HTML class for Boeing Wichita in the early 90s.